Excellent protection against Reovirus (tenosynovitis and viral arthritis)
2177® is a patented, natural non-pathogenic 2177 strain of Reovirus. This frozen vaccine is for use in broilers, broiler breeder replacements or pullets one day of age or older via subcutaneous injection for the prevention of reovirus diseases.
- Naturally non-pathogenic strain 2177 reovirus
- Approved for use in day-of-age broilers.
- Natural non-pathogenic strain is not attenuated and cannot revert to virulence.
- No interference with Merck Animal Health’s Marexine-SB® Marek’s disease vaccines.
- Excellent protection against virulent challenge with reovirus.
- Protection in the presence of maternal antibody.
2177® is indicated for the vaccination of chickens one day of age for the prevention of Reovirus associated diseases.
Administration and Dosage
The vaccine should be thawed immediately before use. Care should be taken to mix all of the vaccine from the ampule into the diluent for maximum efficacy. Once mixed with diluent, the vaccine should be swirled frequently, every 5 minutes, to maintain uniform distribution. Inject 0.2 ml subcutaneously in chickens using an automatic vaccinator and sterile syringe. Insert the needle directed away from the head. Avoid injecting the neck muscles or bones.
The best protection is obtained when the vaccinated chickens have time to develop immunity prior to exposure to reovirus. Good management practices are recommended to reduce the exposure to this virus for at least 3 weeks following vaccination.
- Refer to the package insert for specific directions.
- Vaccine should be stored in liquid nitrogen at a temperature below –150oC.
- Gloves and visor should be worn when handling liquid nitrogen.
- Once thawed, the product should not be re-frozen.
- Do not dilute the vaccine or otherwise stretch the dosage of the vaccine.
- Once mixed with diluent, the vaccine should be used within one hour and unused vaccine should be discarded into disinfectant or burned.
- Do not vaccinate chickens within 21 days of slaughter.
- Do not mix this vaccine with any other substances.
Product Label(s) and MSDS
For more information about Merck Animal Health Products call 1-800-441-8272.