Feline Leukemia Vaccine, KILLED VIRUS
The only vaccine with proven 2-year duration of immunity for feline leukemia virus (FeLV).1
Features and benefits
A quality core vaccine that protects against feline leukemia
- The only feline leukemia vaccine labeled to prevent persistent viremia for 2 years after vaccination2
- 96% of vaccinated cats were protected against persistent viremia after FeLV challenge1
- In a 2-year study involving 23 FeLV-negative cats:2
- After 12 weeks, 83% of vaccinates were free of persistent and transient viremia
- All 11 control cats (100%) developed persistent viremia
- Results showed that cats developed immunity solely through the initial vaccination series
- Available in combination with other Nobivac® feline vaccines to provide broader disease protection
- Optimal choice for healthy outdoor cats
- Approved for the vaccination of healthy cats as an aid in the prevention of lymphoid tumors caused by, and diseases associated with, feline leukemia virus (FeLV) infection
- Vaccination with this product prevents persistent viremia in cats exposed to virulent feline leukemia virus
- Recommended for use in healthy cats 9 weeks of age or older
- 99.99% reaction-free in ongoing surveillance involving millions of doses1
- Two-year duration of immunity means fewer vaccinations
Please see the product label for further safety information.
Dosage and administration
For cats 9 weeks of age or older:
- Subcutaneous or intramuscular injection
- Initial 1-mL dose administered at 9 weeks of age or older
- Second 1-mL dose administered 3 to 4 weeks later
- Revaccination every 2 years with a single dose is recommended
For further information, including complete directions and warnings, please see the product label.
Product label(s) and MSDS
- Data on file, Merck Animal Health.
- Jirjis FF, Davis T, Lane J, et al. Protection against feline leukemia virus challenge for at least 2 years after vaccination with an inactivated feline leukemia virus vaccine. Vet Ther. 2010;11(2):E1–E6.