Mometamax® Otic Suspension
Gentamicin Sulfate, USP, Mometasone Furoate Monohydrate and Clotrimazole, USP Otic Suspension
Each gram of Mometamax Otic Suspension contains gentamicin sulfate, USP equivalent to 3 mg gentamicin base; mometasone furoate monohydrate equivalent to 1 mg mometasone; and 10 mg clotrimazole, USP in a mineral oil-based system containing a plasticized hydrocarbon gel.
Mometamax is indicated for the treatment of otitis externa in dogs caused by susceptible strains of yeast (Malassezia pachydermatis) and bacteria (Pseudomonas spp. incl. P. aeruginosa, coagulase positive staphylococci, Enterococcus faecalis, Proteus mirabilis, and beta-hemolytic streptococci.)
Features and Benefits
- Once-a-day Treatment You Can Count On1
- Helps promote client compliance to ensure treatment success
- Mometasone furoate monohydrate - A new generation veterinary steroid
- 7.7 times more potent than betamethasone1
- New study reports no adrenocortical suppression with topical administration2
- No corticosteroid-related side effects observed in canine clinical trials1
- Clotrimazole - otic antifungal
Maximum antifungal potency versus Nystatin®
High activity vs. Malassezia pachydermatis in vitro±±3
- Gentamicin - Broad-spectrum antibacterial efficacy1
- Highly active against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria
Administration and Dosage
Administer once daily for 7 days
4 drops per ear for dogs < 30 lbs
8 drops per ear for dogs > 30 lbs
- Solution-like consistency for clear advantages
- Ensures prolonged contact at the site of infection
- Colorless solution is easy to differentiate from exudate
- Eliminates staining
- Hydrocarbon formulation consistency facilitates easy counting of drops for proper dosing
Mometamax Otic Suspension is available in 7.5 g , 15 g, 30 g and 215 g plastic bottles.
Components may cause local hypersensitivity or ototoxity. For side effects and warnings, please see accompanying full Product Label.
* Nystatin is a registered trademark of DSM Anti-Infectives.
± National Veterinary School of Nantes, France.
±± Solid media.
§ Overall, in a study of 1500 dogs.
1 Data on file, Schering-Plough Animal Health Corporation.
2 Reeder CJ; Griffin CE; Polissar NL; Neradilek B; Armstrong RD, Comparative adrenocortical suppression in dogs with otitis externa following topical Otic administration of four different glucocorticoid containing medications . Veterinary Therapeutics, Vol. 9 No 2 Summer 2008.
3 Bourdeau P, Marchand AM, Etoré F. In vitro activity of posaconazole and other antifungals against Malassezia pachydermatis isolated from dogs. Poster presented at: 5th World Congress of Veterinary Dermatology; August 25-28, 2004: Vienna, Austria. Poster P-17.
For further information including dose rate and complete directions and warnings, please see the Product Label by clicking here.
Mometamax® is the property of Intervet International B.V. or affiliated companies or licensors and is protected by copyrights, trademark and other intellectual property laws.
Product Label(s) and MSDS