BREEDERVAC-IV-PLUS®Inactivated Bursal Disease Virus (Standard & Variants), Newcastle, Bronchitis and Avian Reovirus Vaccine
Eight-way long-lasting action
BREEDERVAC-IV-PLUS® is an inactivated oil adjuvant emulsion vaccine for use in breeder pullets against infectious bursal disease (IBD), Newcastle disease (ND), infectious bronchitis (IB) and reovirus related disease. It provides the broadest spectrum of IBD and reovirus protection available, and solid protection against ND and IB (Mass. Type). It is approved for subcutaneous and intramuscular injection.
· Standard IBD virus
· Delaware variant A IBD virus
· Bursal derived Delaware variant E IBD virus
· GLS variant IBD virus (exclusive to Merck Animal Health vaccines)
· Newcastle disease virus
· Infectious bronchitis (Mass type) virus
· Reovirus strain 2408
· Reovirus strain 1733
When administered to properly primed breeder pullets, BREEDERVAC-IV-PLUS® vaccine:
· Induces high, uniform antibodies against IBD, ND, IB and reoviruses throughout the entire production cycle
· Provides the broadest spectrum of protection against IBD and reovirus strains prevalent in the US
· Requires a small ½ ml dose size
· Contains Merck Animal Health's immunostimulant, safe, stable oil adjuvant
Breedervac-IV-Plus® vaccine is indicated for the vaccination of healthy chickens three weeks of age or older against infectious bursal disease (caused by standard, Delaware A and E and GLS virus strains) and diseases caused by avian reoviruses, Newcastle disease virus, or infectious bronchitis (Mass-type) virus.
Administration and Dosage
Allow the vaccine to reach ambient temperature, 16-27oC (60-80oF), before use and shake vigorously before and periodically during use. Inject 0.5 ml intramuscularly or subcutaneously in chickens using an 18 gauge x ½” or ¼” needle.
The best protection is obtained when the vaccine is used in chickens previously immunized with a live vaccine (primed). A minimum of four weeks should elapse between the last live priming and injection with Breedervac-IV-Plus®. Local field conditions must be taken into consideration. In flocks vaccinated with Breedervac-IV-Plus®, a protective level of immunity will be achieved with only small variations between individual chickens. Revaccination during molt is recommended.
1. Refer to the package insert for specific directions.
2. Do not administer this vaccine during the critical laying period from the onset until after peak production. Administration of this product during the lay period may result in a drop in egg production.
3. Do not vaccinate chickens within 42 days of slaughter.
4. Vaccination equipment must be cleaned and sterilized before use. Do not use vaccination equipment with rubber parts, as the oil emulsion may degrade certain types of rubber.
500 ml – 1000 doses
Product Label(s) and MSDS
For more information about Merck Animal Health Products call 1-800-441-8272.