Efficacy and Safety
Highly effective even in young puppies and kittens
Activyl® enables you to provide an optimal level of care. Activyl for Dogs can be used on puppies and dogs over 4 lb body weight from 8 weeks of age. Activyl for Cats can be used in kittens and cats over 2 lb body weight from 8 weeks of age.
Activyl can also be used as part of a treatment strategy for flea allergy dermatitis.
Activyl for Dogs was tested in a dermatologist-run study with client-owned dogs, where no additional flea or flea premise products, corticosteroids or antihistamines were used.*
At week 12, after 3 monthly applications of Activyl for Dogs, dogs with FAD were flea-free and clinical signs significantly improved.1, 2*
Two dogs were treated with antibiotics for 14 or 21 days.
Effective in the home environment
Activyl has been tested in flea-infested households on dogs and cats; flea infestations ranging from fairly low (at least 5 fleas) or moderate infestation (10 fleas) to those with massive infestation (589 fleas)4. There was a dramatic response to treatment within 4 weeks, even in the face of overwhelming flea infestations.
In studies where Activyl was compared with a commercially available positive control product containing fipronil, applied at 4-week intervals, Activyl produced a significantly greater reduction in flea counts (geometric mean) in both dogs and cats and resulted in a greater number of households with all dogs and cats free of fleas.4
- 6. Data on file, Merck Animal Health.
- 7. Fisara P, Sargent R, Flochlay-Sigognault A, Frenais R, Guerino F. Efficacy of indoxacarb spot-on in resolving clinical signs of flea allergy dermatitis in dogs and cats under field conditions. Presented at the BSAVA / WSAVA / FECAVA World Congress, 11-15 April 2012, Birmingham, UK.
- 8. Data on file, Merck Animal Health.
- 9. European Medicines Agency. Activyl: European Public Assessment Report. www.ema.europa.eu Accessed 10 March 2011.
- 10. Flochlay-Sigognault A, Regis F, Sun F, Guerino F. Field efficacy of a spot-on formulation of indoxacarb for flea control in dogs and cats. Poster presented at: 23rd International Congress of the World Association for the Advancement of Veterinary Parasitology (WAAVP), 21-25 August 2011, Buenos Aires, Argentina.