Up to 12-week protection against fleas and ticks in an oral chew.
The active substance of Bravecto®, fluralaner, a new ectoparasiticide belonging to the isoxazoline group, is systemically active against fleas and ticks (black legged tick, American dog tick, and brown dog tick), delivering protection for up to 12 full weeks. It also kills lone star ticks for eight weeks. Presented in a highly palatable flavored chew that dogs accept readily.
The product can be used as part of a treatment strategy for the control of Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD) as a direct result of eliminating flea infestations.
- Consistent, broad-spectrum and long-lasting efficacy against both fleas and ticks
- Kills 100% of newly arriving fleas within 24 hours for 12 weeks1
- Kills three tick species for 12 weeks
- Rapid onset of action and speed of kill
- Starts killing fleas within two hours after administration2
- Kills 100% of fleas within 12 hours of dosing3
- Maximizes owner compliance while reducing protection gaps that can occur with monthly remedies
- Available by veterinary prescription only
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION: The most common adverse reactions recorded in clinical trials were vomiting, decreased appetite, diarrhea, lethargy, polydipsia, and flatulence. Bravecto has not been shown to be effective for 12-weeks' duration in puppies less than 6 months of age. Bravecto is not effective against lone star ticks beyond 8 weeks after dosing.
1 Data on file. Merck Animal Health, Summit, NJ. 2013.
2 Bravecto [prescribing information]. Summit, NJ: Merck Animal Health; 2014.
3 Freedom of Information Summary, NADA 141-426. Approved May 15, 2014.