Nobivac® Canine 3-DAPvBiological name
Canine Distemper, Adenovirus Type 2, Parvovirus, MODIFIED LIVE VIRUS
Proven 3-year vaccine that offers comprehensive protection against 3 highly contagious canine viruses.
Features and benefits
Provides broad coverage against canine distemper virus, canine adenovirus type 2 (CAV-2), and canine parvovirus (CPV)
- Challenge studies in dogs showed 100% protection over 3 years against distemper, adenovirus, and parvovirus1
- Used formulation containing CPV STRAIN 154®, able to override maternal antibodies at an early age1,2
- Serologic tests demonstrated high antibody titers throughout the 3-year post-vaccination isolation period1
- Manhattan strain of CAV-2 was used to confer protection against canine infectious hepatitis caused by canine adenovirus type 1 (CAV-1) without eliciting the adverse reactions associated with CAV-1 vaccines1
- Protects against the commonly spread canine distemper virus
- Protects against all field strains of CPV currently seen
- Prevents both infectious canine hepatitis caused by CAV-1 and infectious tracheobronchitis associated with CAV-2
- Approved for the vaccination of healthy dogs for the prevention of disease caused by canine distemper virus and canine parvovirus, and as an aid in the prevention of disease caused by adenovirus (both infectious canine hepatitis and infectious tracheobronchitis) for up to 3 years following initial and booster vaccinations
- Recommended for use in healthy dogs 7 weeks of age or older
- Can be safely administered to dogs as young as 7 weeks of age
- High-titer CPV and canine distemper virus strains proven safe for dogs as young as 4 weeks of age2
- No injection site or vaccine-related reactions reported during challenge studies
Please see the product label for further safety information.
Dosage and administration
- Initial 1-mL dose given by subcutaneous route to healthy dogs as early as 7 weeks of age
- 1-mL booster doses given every 3 to 4 weeks until 12 weeks of age
- Dogs over 12 weeks of age should initially receive 2 doses 3–4 weeks apart
- Revaccination every 3 years with a single dose thereafter
- Available in a 25 x 1-mL dose
For further information, including complete directions and warnings, please see the product label.
Product label(s) and MSDS
- Gore TC, Lakshmanan N, Duncan KL, Coyne ML, Lum MA, Sterner FJ. Three-year duration of immunity in dogs following vaccination against canine adenovirus type-1, canine parvovirus, and canine distemper virus. Vet Ther. 2005;6(1):5–14.
- Data on file, Merck Animal Health.