Nobivac® Feline 1-HCP+FeLVBiological name
Feline Leukemia, Rhinotracheitis, Calici, Panleukopenia Vaccine, MODIFIED LIVE AND KILLED VIRUS
The only combination vaccine that provides 2-year duration of immunity1 for feline leukemia virus (FeLV) in addition to 1-year protection against feline rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, and panleukopenia.
Features and benefits
A quality core vaccine that protects against feline rhinotracheitis, feline panleukopenia virus (FPV), and feline calicivirus (FCV), in addition to providing extensive 2-year coverage for FeLV
- Nobivac® Feline 1-HCP has been shown to block the replication of canine parvovirus (CPV) in cats1
- Evidence shows that CPV-2a, CPV-2b, and CPV-2c isolates can replicate in cats, producing clinical signs of feline panleukopenia2-4
- The only feline leukemia vaccine labeled to prevent persistent viremia for 2 years after vaccination5
- 96% of vaccinated cats were protected against persistent viremia after FeLV challenge1
- In a 2-year study involving 23 FeLV-negative cats:5
- After 12 weeks, 83% of vaccinates were free of persistent and transient viremia
- All 11 control cats (100%) developed persistent viremia
- Results showed that cats developed immunity solely through the initial vaccination series
- Optimal choice for both indoor and outdoor cats
- Approved for the vaccination of healthy cats as an aid in the prevention of disease caused by feline rhinotracheitis, calici, and panleukopenia viruses
- Approved as an aid in the prevention of lymphoid tumors caused by, and diseases associated with feline leukemia virus (FeLV) infection
- Vaccination with this product prevents persistent viremia in cats exposed to virulent FeLV
- Recommended for use in healthy cats 9 weeks of age or older
- 98.8% reaction-free in field safety studies
- 99.99% reaction-free in ongoing surveillance involving millions of doses1
- Study showed no signs of inflammation or adjuvant at Day 21 after subcutaneous vaccination1
- Two-year DOI means fewer vaccinations
Please see the product label for safety information.
Dosage and administration
For cats 9 weeks of age or older:
- Subcutaneous or intramuscular injection
- Initial 1-mL dose administered at 9 weeks of age or older
- Second 1-mL dose administered 3 to 4 weeks later
- Revaccination every 2 years with 1 dose of Nobivac® Feline 1-HCP+FeLV is recommended
- Revaccination in the intervening years with Nobivac® Feline 1-HCP is recommended
For further information, including complete directions and warnings, please see the product label.
Product label(s) and MSDS
- Data on file, Merck Animal Health.
- Hoelzer K, Parrish CR. The emergence of parvoviruses of carnivores. Vet Res. 2010;41(6):39.
- Ikeda Y, Nakamura K, Miyazawa T, Takahashi E, Mochizuki M. Feline host range of canine parvovirus: recent emergence of new antigenic types in cats. Emerg Infect Dis. 2002;8(4):341–346.
- Truyen U. Emergence and recent evolution of canine parvovirus. Vet Microbiol. 1999;69(1–2):47–50.
- Jirjis FF, Davis T, Lane J, et al. Protection against feline leukemia virus challenge for at least 2 years after vaccination with an inactivated feline leukemia virus vaccine. Vet Ther. 2010;11(2):E1–E6.