ORBAX® Oral Suspension
ORBAX® Oral Suspension. Once-a-day, broad spectrum antibiotic therapy ideal for cats and small dogs.
- Skin infections (wounds and abscesses) in cats*3
- Skin and soft tissue infections (wounds and abscesses) and urinary tract infections (cystitis) in dogs*4
*Caused by susceptible strains of bacteria as listed in approved indications.
Please see the Package Insert for full prescribing information.
Quinolones have been shown to cause arthropathy in immature animals. In animals with known or suspected CNS disorders, quinolones have been associated with CNS stimulation, which may lead to convulsive seizures.
The use of fluoroquinolones in cats has been reported to adversely affect the retina and should be used with caution in cats.
- Data on file. Multi-clinic, randomized, controlled field trail evaluating the use of ORBAX® (orbifloxacin) Oral Suspension and Synulox® (amoxicillin/clavulanate) in the treatment of cats with skin and soft tissue infections (primarily post-traumatic wounds and absesses) in France, Belgium, and Germany in 2001. Roseland, NJ: Intervet Inc.
- Freedom of Information Summary. Original New Animal Drug Application (NADA 141-305). ORBAX® Oral Suspension. Roseland, NJ: Intervet Inc. July 1, 2009
- Prescribing information for ORBAX® Oral Suspension for Oral Use in Cats. Summit, NJ: Intervet Inc. 2011.
- Prescribing information for ORBAX® Oral Suspension for Oral Use in Dogs. Summit, NJ: Intervet Inc. 2011.
Copyright © 2012, Intervet Inc., a subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc. All rights reserved. Intervet Inc. d/b/a Merck Animal Health, Summit, NJ 07901.
Product Label(s) and MSDS