Canine Flu H3N8
The first licensed vaccine to protect against canine influenza, recommended for puppies and dogs that interact in public settings.
CANINE FLU H3N8 PROVIDES INFLUENZA PROTECTION FOR DOGS
Canine Influenza (H3N8) Virus (inactivated virus). Demonstrated to reduce incidence and severity of lung lesions, as well as duration of coughing and viral shedding.
- Proven to significantly reduce the clinical signs, severity, and spread of canine influenza infection1,12
- Reduced the incidence and severity of coughing1
- Decreased the overall clinical signs of disease, including ocular and nasal discharge, coughing, sneezing, depression, and dyspnea1
- Reduced the days and amount of viral shedding1
- Demonstrated protection against the formation and severity of lung lesions1
- Contains killed (type A, subtype H3N8) virus combined with an adjuvant to enhance the immune response
This product has been shown to be effective for vaccination of healthy dogs 6 weeks of age or older against canine influenza virus.
Efficacy & Comparisons
NOBIVAC® CANINE FLU H3N8 LESSENS THE OPPORTUNITY FOR CIV TO INFECT OTHER DOGS12
Shown to reduce the duration and degree of nasal virus shedding.12
- On Day 4, controls shed 500 times more viral particles than vaccinates
- Mean viral shedding lasted only 2 days in vaccinates versus 5 days in controls
- Vaccinates also shed less virus overall than controls
NOBIVAC® CANINE FLU H3N8 IS HIGHLY EFFECTIVE IN REDUCING CLINICAL SIGNS OF CANINE INFLUENZA VIRUS (CIV) INFECTION12
- Shown to significantly reduce the incidence of cough12
- Reduced severity of cough12
NOBIVAC® CANINE FLU H3N8 PROTECTS THE LUNGS12
- In a canine influenza virus (CIV) challenge study, vaccinated dogs exhibited significantly fewer signs of consolidation and lung damage than dogs in the control group12
- Nobivac Canine Flu H3N8 was shown to provide protection by reducing disease severity, lung lesions, and shedding13
CANINE FLU H3N8 IS A SAFE CHOICE
- Safety confirmed through clinical use in more than 7 million dogs1
- Well tolerated on subcutaneous administration
- Proven safe across a multitude of dog breeds and ages
ADMINISTRATION AND DOSAGE
- Subcutaneous injection
- Two 1 mL doses given two to four weeks apart
- Annual revaccination with one dose is recommended
- Available in a 25 x 1 mL dose presentation
ALSO AVAILABLE IN OTHER FORMULATIONS
Professional Resources and Educational Materials
Keep your clinic and staff informed and aware of diseases and outbreaks.
Use these ready-to-share posts to educate pet parents and drive business to your clinic for preventative care.
In-depth information about canine vaccinations and veterinary best practices.
Tips and guidelines for your clinic to prevent and manage canine influenza.
View All Nobivac References