Only Nobivac Lyme is proven to protect dogs by inducing borreliacidal antibodies to both OspA and OspC.1,80
NOBIVAC LYME PROVIDES PROVEN PROTECTION FOR CANINES
Our commitment to leadership is vaccine development that provides comprehensive protection against Lyme disease.
- Lyme vaccine designed to target the 2 key outer surface proteins (Osps) involved in disease transmission for a full level of protection
- Proven to induce borreliacidal antibodies that bind to OspA and OspC, forming a complex that attacks the cell membrane and kills Borrelia burgdorferi 1,5
- Proven to help prevent clinical disease such as arthritis – as well as at the subclinical level 5
- Highly effective: no serologic evidence of exposure to Borrelia burgdorferi 5
For the vaccination of healthy dogs as an aid in the prevention of clinical disease and subclinical arthritis associated with Borrelia burgdorferi.
Recommended for use in healthy dogs 8 weeks of age or older.
THE BORRELIACIDAL DIFFERENCE
Only Nobivac® Lyme induces borreliacidal activity against both OspA and OspC1,5,80 Not all antibody responses are the same.
- “Multi-Osp protection” that induces antibodies against Osps other than OspA and OspC has not been shown to be relevant5,29,30
- Other Lyme vaccines may induce antibodies against OspC, but they are not borreliacidal—meaning they don’t kill Borrelia burgdorferi
- As a result, vaccines that only induce borreliacidal antibodies against OspA provide incomplete protection once OspC becomes the dominant protein expressed in the tick
- Only Nobivac Lyme induces OspC borreliacidal antibodies that kill spirochetes in the tick midgut, those migrating from the midgut to the tick’s salivary glands, and those introduced into the dog80
ONLY NOBIVAC® LYME OFFERS POWERFUL COMPARATIVE BENEFITS AND PROVEN SAFETY.
NOBIVAC® LYME IS SHOWN TO BE EFFECTIVE AGAINST SUBCLINICAL ARTHRITIS, IN ADDITION TO CLINICAL DISEASE5
Following vaccination with Nobivac Lyme:
- No Borrelia burgdorferi were found in the joint
- No joint inflammation, stiffness, or lameness were observed5
- 40% of control dogs developed chronic joint inflammation5
- 27% of control dogs developed joint stiffness or lameness5
- Dogs exhibited no signs of Lyme disease–associated joint abnormalities5
NOBIVAC® LYME IS HIGHLY EFFECTIVE IN KILLING BORRELIA BURGDORFERI AND PREVENTING INFECTION5
Tick challenge study confirms effectiveness.5
Following vaccination with Nobivac Lyme, no B. burgdorferi were found.
The tick challenge study was a placebo-controlled trial involving thirty 8-week-old puppies. Dogs were challenged 3 weeks following second vaccination.
NOBIVAC LYME IS A SAFE CHOICE
- Proven safe and well tolerated in a field safety trial of more than 600 dogs
- 99.3% reaction-free
- Since 2009, Nobivac® Lyme has been safely administered to over 4 million dogs
ADMINISTRATION AND DOSAGE
- Subcutaneous injection
- Two 1 mL doses given 2 to 4 weeks apart
- Annual revaccination with 1 dose is recommended
- Available in a 25 x 1 mL dose presentation
Professional Resources and Educational Materials
Keep your clinic and staff informed and aware of diseases and outbreaks.
Share this printable brochure to educate pet parents about their dog’s risk for Canine Lyme Disease.
Learn how Nobivac® Lyme targets a conserved region of Borellia burgdorferi
Learn why adjuvants are used to bolster the immune response
View All Nobivac References