Shown to be effective in the prevention of disease and mortality caused by 4 virulent Leptospira serovars2
Protects against liver dysfunction and thrombocytopenia3
The only vaccine shown to be 100% effective against mortality and urinary shedding of all 4 serovars
Protects against leptospiremia1
Proven safe and well-tolerated in multiple studies3
Available in both a monovalent and combination formulation (DAPPv)
Shown to be effective for vaccination of healthy dogs 8 weeks of age or older against Leptospira canicola, L. icterohaemorrhagiae, L. pomona, and L. grippotyphosa. Duration of immunity has not been established.
This product has also been shown to be effective against mortality and leptospiruria (shedding of Leptospira in the urine) caused by L. canicola, L. icterohaemorrhagiae, L. pomona, and L. grippotyphosa.
Nobivac® Lepto4 Is a Safe Choice for Dogs
Safety confirmed in a 749-dog field study3
Well-tolerated on subcutaneous administration
Proven safe across a variety of breeds and ages
Now featuring an even higher level of quality due to the total proteins reduced through VacciPure™ Filtration Technology
Administration and Dosage
Two 1-mL doses given 2-4 weeks apart
Historically, annual revaccination has been recommended for this product. The need for this booster has not been established. Contact your veterinarian or manufacturer for more information on revaccination frequency
Available in a 25 x 1-mL dose
Unmatched Protection of Nobivac® Lepto4: 2 Critical Indications
Only Nobivac vaccinates demonstrated 0% urinary shedding against all 4 serovars¹
A key objective of vaccination is to prevent urinary shedding of leptospires, which has potential zoonotic risk:
• 0% of dogs vaccinated with Nobivac® Canine 1-DAPPv+L₄ developed leptospiruria
• All of the control dogs challenged with L. canicola and L. grippotyphosa, 80% of control dogs challenged with L. icterohaemorrhagiae, and 50% of control dogs challenged with L. pomona developed leptospiruria
Nobivac® Lepto₄ is shown to be effective against leptospiruria associated with
• L. grippotyphosa
• L. canicola• L. icterohaemorrhagiae• L. pomona
• None of the dogs vaccinated with Nobivac® Canine 1-DAPPv+L₄ developed leptospiremia
• 100% of the control dogs challenged with L. canicola, L. grippotyphosa, L. icterohaemorrhagiae, and 75% of the control dogs challenged with L. pomona showed leptospiremia, indicating the severe challenge model
No items to show.
The only leptospirosis vaccine for dogs proven to be effective against disease and mortality²
EFFECTIVE AGAINST MORTALITY CAUSED BY 4 VIRULENT LEPTOSPIRA SEROVARS
No dogs vaccinated with Nobivac® Canine 1-DAPPv+L₄ died or required euthanasia
54% mortality and euthanasia in control groups, reflecting the severity of challenge
Clinical efficacy results showed that Nobivac® Canine 1-DAPPv+L₄ also prevented
Serum levels of bilirubin and AST* remained at normal levels in significantly more vaccinates
Platelet counts remained in the normal range
*AST = aspartate aminotransferase
No items to show.
VacciPureTM Filtration Technology
Reduced total proteins through VacciPure³
No items to show.
DID YOU KNOW?
Up to 8.2% of dogs are shedding leptospires, sometimes asymptomatically.4
Leptospirosis Vaccine Comparison
Nobivac® Lepto4 and Nobivac EDGE® Lepto4 provide more comprehensive protection than other leptospirosis vaccines for dogs.1,5-11
1. LaFleur RL, Dant JC, Wasmoen TL, et al. Prevention of leptospiremia and leptospiruria following vaccination with a DAPPv + 4-way Leptospira combination vaccine. Presented at: Proceedings of the ISCAID Symposium; October 16-19, 2016; Bristol, UK. 2. LaFleur RL, Dant JC, Wasmoen TL. Prevention of disease and mortality in vaccinated dogs following experimental challenge with virulent Leptospira. J Vet Int Med. 2011;25:747. 3. Data on file, Merck Animal Health. 4. Harkin KR, Roshto YM, Sullivan JT, et al. Comparison of polymerase chain reaction assay, bacteriologic culture, and serologic testing in assessment of prevalence of urinary shedding of leptospires in dogs. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2003;222:1230–1233. 5. Nobivac® Lepto4 [product label]. Madison, NJ: Merck Animal Health; 2018. 6. Nobivac EDGE® Lepto4 [product label]. Madison, NJ: Merck Animal Health; 2019. 7. Ultra Duramune® DAP+4L [product label]. Fort Dodge, IA: Elanco US Inc.; 2017. 8. Vanguard® L4 [product label]. Florham Park, NJ: Zoetis, Inc; 2018. 9. RECOMBITEK® 4 Lepto [product label].Duluth, GA: Merial; 2009. 10. LEPTOVAX® 4 [product label]. Greenfield, IN: Elanco; 2018. 11. LaFleur RL, Dant JC, Tarpey I. One year duration of immunity of a multivalent Leptospira bacterin using a Leptospira challenge model. Presented at: The ISCAID Symposium; September 30–October 3, 2018; Portland, OR.