In catfish farming, a bacterial disease outbreak can have devastating outcomes for fish health and operation profitability. Take control with AQUAFLOR® (florfenicol) type A medicated feed article.
KEY BENEFITS OF AQUAFLOR
- Reduces mortality and keeps fish on feed for optimal growth and survival
- Broad-spectrum antibiotic developed specifically for aquaculture – not used in human medicine
- Can be fed in any life stage from fingerlings to food fish
- May be used in sinking or floating feeds
- AQUAFLOR is a heat-stable molecule during feed manufacturing, including extrusion, as well as storage
- 15 day withdrawal time for all species for all approved dosages
In catfish, AQUAFLOR is approved for the control of mortality due to enteric septicemia (ESC) associated with Edwardsiella ictaluri and columnaris disease associated with Flavobacterium columnare.
- Fish readily consume medicated feed – studies show palatability compared to unmedicated feed
- Minimize wasted feed while maximizing antibiotic uptake
- Uniform granulation offers more accurate dosage delivery and optimum distribution in the medicated feed
- No adverse effects on fish behavior or performance, even when fed at 10 times the recommended dose rate1
Determining Antimicrobial MICs Against Aquaculture Pathogens Using Sensititre® Plates
Author: Dr. Patricia S. Gaunt, DVM, PhD, DABVT
Stability of AQUAFLOR® (florfenicol) in Pelleted Feeds for Catfish and Salmonids
Feed Deprivation Increases the Susceptibility of Channel Catfish to Columnaris Disease
Author: Craig Shoemaker, Phil Klesius, Chhorn Lim
Antimicrobial Best Use Practices in Catfish Production: Maximizing Effectiveness and Minimizing Bacterial Resistance Development
Authors: Dr. Timothy Kniffen, Dr. Patricia Gaunt, & Dr. Julie Bebak-Williams
Palatability and Efficacy of AQUAFLOR® (florfenicol) for Control of Enteric Septicemia of Catfish
No items to show.
Safety of AQUAFLOR (florfenicol) Administered in Feed to Channel Catfish, Ictalurus punctatus
Preliminary Assessment of the Tolerance and Efficacy of Florfenicol Against Edwardsiella ictaluri Administered in Feed to Channel Catfish
Field Efficacy of Florfenicol for Control of Mortality in Channel Catfish, Ictalurus punctatus (Rafinesque), Caused by Infection with Edwardsiella ictaluri
Early Detection of Edwardsiella ictaluri in NWAC103 Channel Catfish Fingerlings
Subscription or registration may be required.
Efficacy of Florfenicol for Control of Mortality Caused by Flavobacterium columnare Infection in Channel Catfish, Ictalurus punctatus (Rafinesque)
In Vitro Evaluation of the Susceptibility of Edwardsiella ictaluri, Etiological Agent of Enteric Septicemia in Channel Catfish, Ictalurus punctatus
Determination of Florfenicol Amine in Channel Catfish Muscle by Liquid Chromatography
Determination of Dose Rate of Florfenicol in Feed for Control of Mortality in Channel Catfish Ictalurus punctatus (Rafinesque) Infected with Edwardsiella ictaluri, Etiological Agent of Enteric Septicemia
No items to show.
Where to Buy AQUAFLOR
CAUTION: Federal law restricts medicated feed containing this veterinary feed directive (VFD) drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
1See product bulletin for more details