Raise Your Standard for Vaccine Performance
Understanding antigenic drift and equine influenza strains
The only vaccines featuring respiratory disease insights
from the Equine Biosurveillance Program.
Provide the Full Spectrum of Protection with PRESTIGE®
Whether your patients are in a breeding barn, the show ring or anywhere in between, PRESTIGE vaccines provide essential protection for the most common and deadly infectious diseases of the horse. They are the ONLY vaccines featuring updated influenza strains shown to match today’s threat.
Featuring the most current influenza strain available in the U.S.
SAFETY AND EFFICACY
A longstanding reputation for strong immune response and minimal adverse reactions
Multiple antigen combinations and the industry’s only monovalent equine rabies vaccine
DEDICATED TO MAKING
Where the Science of Healthier Animals™ meets passion and commitment
Influenza Strains Matter
Want to ensure you have the upper hand on equine influenza? Only PRESTIGE® vaccines feature Florida ’13, the most current influenza strain available and proven to be highly relevant to the EIV circulating today in the U.S.1
- In newly released research comparing commercially available U.S. vaccines to positive EIV samples from U.S. outbreaks, only Florida ’13 demonstrated complete similarity to all isolates. 1,2
- PRESTIGE influenza-containing vaccines feature both Clade 1 and Clade 2 strains, meeting current influenza protection guidelines from both the American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP) and World Organization for Animal Health (WOAH, previously known as OIE).
- Florida ’13 Clade 1
- Richmond ’07 Clade 2
- Kentucky ’02 Clade 1
Three Decades of Safe and Effective Protection
- You know them and you trust them, because PRESTIGE® vaccines are shown to be 98% reaction-free in field safety trials. 1
- Merck Animal Health is a leader in modern-day vaccine technology, incorporating both the adjuvant Havlogen® and the Antigen Purification System™ into our vaccine manufacturing process. These proprietary features stimulate a strong immune response while minimizing adverse reactions.
Essential Disease Protection with Many Options
PRESTIGE EquiRab is the industry’s only equine-specific monovalent rabies vaccine and features a 14-month duration of immunity.
PRESTIGE® WEST NILE VIRUS VACCINES
PRESTIGE West Nile virus vaccines, proven using the gold-standard inthrathecal challenge model, have demonstrated statistically significant reduction in neurologic disease, encephalitis, viremia and rectal body temperatures.
MULTIPLE ANTIGEN COMBINATIONS
Multiple antigen combinations provide you the flexibility to create a customized vaccination program for each horse in you care.
Only PRESTIGE® vaccines are backed by the Equine Respiratory Biosurveillance Program, a partnership between Merck Animal Health and the University of California, Davis, Equine Infectious Disease Research Laboratory. The Biosurveillance Program is an unparalleled longitudinal study of infectious upper respiratory disease in horses featuring one of the largest collections of equine influenza isolates in the United States. It continues to provide new information on infectious respiratory disease threats, helping shape industry management and preventive strategies.
People and Programs that Make a Real Difference
With PRESTIGE®, you partner with a leading team of Merck Animal Health veterinary and sales professionals who have an unparalleled passion for the horse and profession.
- We are proud to be an AAEP Educational Partner since 2002
- We are a founding partner of the Unwanted Horse Veterinary Relief Campaign, a nonprofit joint effort with AAEP. Each year a portion of PRESTIGE sales goes toward vaccinating rescued horses. More than 53,000 vaccine doses have been donated to horses in need
PRESTIGE® Intramuscular Vaccines
Prestige® 5 + WNV
(EEE, WEE, EIV, EHV-1,
EHV-4, WNV killed, Tetanus)
(EEE, WEE, EIV, EHV-1,
(EEE, WEE, EIV, Tetanus)
Prestige® 3 + WNV
(EEE, WEE, WNV killed,
(EEE, WEE, Tetanus)
(EIV, EHV 1&4 – respiratory)
Prestige® EHV 1&4
(EHV 1&4 – respiratory)
(West Nile Virus killed)
(EHV-1 – reproductive/
Flu Avert® I.N.
(Modified-live EIV intranasal
The Spectrum of PRESTIGE® Disease Protection
Our Unconditional commitment to vaccine performance. Storied history of vaccine innovation.
Understanding genetic characterization of recent equine influenza outbreaks to assess relevance of vaccine influenza strains.
Customize your West Nile protection to the patient, with high degrees of safety for the horse and convenience for you.
A guide to the entire equine product line from Merck Animal Health.
No items to show.
Client Education Infographics
Learn more about what causes EEE/WEE, clinical signs, treatment, and prevention.
Learn more about the leading cause of arbovirus encephalitis in horses, including disease prevalence, diagnosis, and treatment.
An overview of clinical signs, prevention, and treatment of this highly contagious and common disease, plus the importance of updated vaccine strains.
Important facts on EHV-4. Including clinical signs, prevention, and diagnosis.
Unique risk factors of the neurologic form of EHV-1 and what to expect upon diagnosis.
Get the facts on Streptococcus equi, including clinical signs, diagnosis, treatment, and recovery.
Learn more about management and prevention of EHV-1 respiratory and reproductive disease.
Invariably fatal, rabies also has human health implications. Learn how horses acquire rabies and what signs to watch for.
No items to show.
Contact Us for More Information About PRESTIGE® Vaccines for Your Equine Practice.
We’ll answer any questions and help you start using PRESTIGE to protect the horses in your care.
For technical assistance or to report a suspected adverse drug reaction, contact Merck Animal Health at 866-349-3497.
1. Data on File. Merck Animal Health.