BANAMINE® (flunixin meglumine paste)
THE SCIENCE OF PAIN RELIEF
The pioneer NSAID for use in horses.
- The original ‐ BANAMINE brand of flunixin meglumine is the pioneer non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) approved for horses in the United States
- Trusted ‐ BANAMINE is a consistent and trusted NSAID for horses with inflammation and pain associated with musculoskeletal injuries
- Quick control ‐ BANAMINE Solution quickly controls inflammatory responses with an onset of activity within two hours of administration
- Backed by Merck Animal Health ‐ Included in the trusted pain management portfolio from Merck Animal Health that also includes DOLOREX® (butorphanol tartrate)
- Flunixin meglumine, injectable solution, 50 mg/mL
BANAMINE Paste is recommended for the alleviation of inflammation and pain associated with musculoskeletal disorders in the horse.
Dose and Administration
The recommended dose of flunixin is 0.5 mg per lb of body weight once daily. The BANAMINE Paste syringe, calibrated in twelve 250-lb weight increments, delivers 125 mg of flunixin for each 250 lbs (see dosage table). One syringe will treat a 1000-lb horse once daily for 3 days, or three 1000-lb horses one time.
The paste is orally administered by inserting the nozzle of the syringe through the interdental space, and depositing the required amount of paste on the back of the tongue by depressing the plunger.
Treatment may be given initially by intravenous injection of BANAMINE Solution, followed by BANAMINE Paste on days 2 to 5. BANAMINE treatment should not exceed 5 consecutive days.
Not for use in horses intended for human consumption. The effect of BANAMINE Paste on pregnancy has not been determined. Studies to date show there is no detrimental effect on stallion spermatogenesis with or following the recommended dose of BANAMINE Paste.
There are no known contraindications to this drug when used as directed.
Not for use in horses intended for food.
The effect of BANAMINE Paste on pregnancy has not been determined. Studies to date show there is no detrimental effect on stallion spermatogenesis with or following the recommended dose of BANAMINE Paste.
Keep your clinic up-to-date on the Merck Animal Health line of equine products.
A guide to the entire equine product line from Merck Animal Health.
No items to show.