(EEE, WEE, EIV, Tetanus)
THE SCIENCE OF ADVANCED
PRESTIGE flu-containing equine vaccines contain the most updated flu strains available.
- Provides 6 months of protection against EIV
- Tetanus, EEE and WEE are core vaccinations recommended by the AAEP vaccine guidelines and are indicated in the immunization program for all horses each year.
- Formulated to minimize reactions and maximize protection
- All horses are at risk of developing tetanus, an often fatal disease
- A combination of inactivated, concentrated, adjuvanted, tissue culture origin equine encephalomyelitis viruses (Eastern and Western), equine influenza virus type H3N8 strains EIV A/eq/Florida/RW/13, EIV A/Equine 2/Kentucky/02 American, EIV A/eq/Richmond/1/07 and tetanus toxoid.
- Exceptional safety profile with the exclusive Havlogen® Adjuvant
This product has been shown effective for the vaccination of healthy horses 6 months of age or older against Eastern and Western encephalomyelitis (EEE and WEE) viruses, equine influenza virus (EIV) and tetanus. Duration of immunity has been shown at 6 months for EIV. Duration of immunity for Eastern and Western encephalomyelitis and tetanus has not been established. For more information regarding safety and efficacy data, go to productdata.aphis.usda.gov. This product has been shown to be effective against virus shedding of EIV.
For primary vaccination aseptically administer 1 mL intramuscularly, repeat with a single dose in 3 – 4 weeks. Historically, annual revaccination with this product has been recommended. The need for this booster has not been established. The presence of maternal antibody is known to interfere with the development of active immunity in foals and additional boosters will be required in most young animals. For more information on revaccination frequency, consult your veterinarian.
Learn more about the updated line of PRESTIGE vaccines.
A guide to the entire equine product line from Merck Animal Health.
Understanding genetic characterization of recent equine influenza outbreaks to assess relevance of vaccine influenza strains.
Learn more about PRESTIGE flu-containing vaccines.
No items to show.