The Science of Safe
THE SCIENCE OF SAFE
Different mode of action is what makes Safe-Guard® (fenbendazole) so effective against the most dangerous parasites of the horse.
- Feed and deworm in a single step with palatable alfalfa-based pellets1
- Controls large strongyles, small strongyles, pinworms and ascarids
- Safe for pregnant mares and stallions1
- Perfect for weanlings or yearlings on feed or hard-to-paste or hard-to-catch horses
- 5.0 grams per kilogram fenbendazole (2.27 grams per pound)
For the control of large strongyles (Strongylus edentatus, S. equinus, S. vulgaris, Triodontophorus spp.), small strongyles (Cyathostomum spp., Cylicocyclus spp., Cylicostephanus spp.), pinworms (Oxyuris equi), and ascarids (Parascaris equorum).
There are no known contraindications for the use of Safe-Guard Equi-bits Top Dress Pellets in horses.1
The recommended dose is 5 mg fenbendazole per kg body weight (2.27 mg fenbendazole per pound) in a ONE (1) DAY treatment.
For ascarids the recommended dose is 10 mg fenbendazole per kg body weight (4.54 mg fenbendazole per pound) in a ONE (1) DAY treatment.
All horses must be eating normally to ensure that each animal consumes an adequate amount of the medicated feed. Safe-Guard Equi-bits® Top Dress Pellets must be spread uniformly on top of the daily ration.
Examples of Feeding Rates:
5 mg fenbendazole per kg body weight (2.27 mg per pound)
- For a ONE (1) DAY treatment, add Safe-Guard Equi-bits Top Dress Pellets to the daily ration at the rate of 1.0 pound for each 1,000 pounds body weight. A 1.25-lb container will treat 1250 lb body weight.
10 mg fenbendazole per kg body weight (4.54 mg per pound)
- For a ONE (1) DAY treatment, add Safe-Guard Equi-bits Top Dress Pellets to the daily ration at the rate of 1.0 pound for each 500 pounds body weight. A 1.25-lb container will treat 625 lb body weight.
Feed for ONE (1) DAY as above. No prior withdrawal of feed or water is necessary.
Safe-Guard Equi-bits: Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment and control of parasitism.
Important Safety Information
Do not use in horses intended for human consumption.
Learn more about the updated line of Prestige vaccines.
A guide to the entire equine product line from Merck Animal Health.
No items to show.
1. SAFE-GUARD® (fenbendazole) Equi-bits® equine dewormer product label.