Pigeon Pox Vaccine
PP-VAC is a live virus vaccine prepared from a proven strain of pigeon pox virus which was selected for its mildness and its protective characteristics against fowl pox in chickens. The virus has been propagated in SPF (Specific Pathogen Free) substrates. The immunizing capability of this vaccine has also been proven by the Master Seed Immunogenicity Test.
This product has been shown to be effective for the vaccination of healthy chickens 6 to 18 weeks of age against fowl pox.
- Mild pox vaccine for use in young birds
- Research has demonstrated that pigeon pox induces greater protection against variant pox viruses
- Has the ability to induce good takes and strong immunity
- Pigeon Pox
Many factors must be considered in determining the vaccination program for a particular farm or poultry operation. To be fully effective, the vaccine must be administered to healthy receptive birds held in proper environment under good management. In addition, the response may be modified by the age of the birds and their immune status. Seldom does 1 vaccination under field conditions produce complete protection for all individuals in a given flock. The amount of protection required will vary with the type of operation and the degree of exposure that a flock is likely to encounter.
FOR CHICKENS BETWEEN 6 AND 18 WEEKS OF AGE
1. Vaccine is applied to the web of the wing. Use the enclosed two-pronged applicator.
2. A dose of 0.01 ml should be administered to each bird by dipping the applicator in the vaccine mixture, allowing the applicator grooves to fill with liquid, and stabbing the webbed portion of the wing from beneath. Avoid feathered areas of the web.
3. At about 7 to 10 days after vaccination, a few birds should be examined for takes. A good take reaction, indicating that a satisfactory vaccination job was done, shows swelling in the skin at the point of vaccination with scab formation. The scabs will fall off about 2 to 3 weeks following vaccination.
10 x 1,000 doses
1. VACCINATE ONLY HEALTHY CHICKENS.
2. All chickens should be vaccinated at the same time.
3. Use entire contents when first opened.
4. Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter or 35 days prior to onset and during egg production.
5. Store at 2° to 8°C (35° to 46°F). Do not freeze.
6. Inactivate unused contents before disposal.
7. Do not mix with other products, except as specified on this label.
8. In case of human exposure, contact a physician.
9. Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
10. FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY.
This vaccine has undergone rigid potency, safety and purity tests, and meets Merck Animal Health, U.S. and local regulatory requirements. It is designed to stimulate effective immunity when used as directed, but the user must be advised that the response to the product depends upon many factors, including, but not limited to, conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of the individual chickens and the degree of field exposure. Therefore, directions should be followed carefully. A safety data sheet (SDS) is available upon request This and any other consumer information can be obtained by calling Merck Animal Health Customer Service at 1-800-211-3573.
Keep a record of vaccine, quantity, serial number, expiration date, and place of purchase; the date and time of vaccination; the number, age, breed, and locations of chickens; names of operators performing the vaccination and any observed reactions.
Contact our sales or technical services representatives to help design a custom vaccination program.
No items to show.
To view our complete product lineup, click to view our
POULTRY PRODUCT CATALOG vol. 3.1.