1.0% Orbifloxacin, 0.1% Mometasone Furoate Monohydrate and 0.1% Posaconazole, Otic Suspension
Each gram of Posatex® Otic Suspension contains 10 mg of orbifloxacin; mometasone furoate monohydrate equivalent to 1 mg mometasone furoate; and 1 mg of posaconazole in a mineral oil based system containing a plasticized hydrocarbon gel.
Posatex Otic Suspension is indicated for the treatment of otitis externa in dogs associated with susceptible strains of yeast (Malassezia pachydermatis) and bacteria (coagulase positive staphylococci, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and Enterococcus faecalis).
Features and Benefits
- Novel triazole antifungal
- Particularly effective against Malassezia pachydermatis
- More potent than other veterinary antifungals
- Broad spectrum antibiotic
- Proven efficacy against bacteria associated with canine otitis
externa including Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- High local concentrations minimize risk of microbial resistance
- Mometasone Furoate Monohydrate
- Potent anti-inflammatory agent
- Good margin of adrenal safety
- No adrenocortical suppression at 3 times recommended dose for 21 days1,2
- Once daily for seven days
- Helps ensure pet owner compliance
Administration and Dosage
Administer once daily for 7 days
4 drops per ear for dogs < 30 lbs
8 drops per ear for dogs > 30 lbs
For further information including dose rate and complete directions and warnings, please see the Product Label.
Posatex Otic Suspension is available in 7.5 g, 15 g, and 30 g plastic bottles.
Posatex Otic Suspension is contraindicated in dogs with known or suspected hypersensitivity to quinolones, mometasone furoate monohydrate, or posaconazole. Do not use in dogs with known tympanic perforation. The safe use in dogs used for breeding purposes, during pregnancy or in lactating bitches, has not been evaluated.
- Data on file at Intervet Inc.
- Freedom of Information Summary. Original New Animal Drug Application (NADA 141-266). Posatex Otic Suspension. Summit, NJ: Intervet Inc. Feb. 18, 2010.
Posatex Otic Suspension is the property of Intervet International B.V. or affiliated companies or licensors and is protected by copyrights, trademark and other intellectual property laws.
Product Label(s) and MSDS