Good protection is about what you don’t see.
Proven to cause fewer reactions1-5, vaccines from Merck Animal Health can help you see more productive cattle by giving you the power to get in front of profit-robbing disease. So instead of treating diseases in your herd, you can focus on producing healthy, profitable cattle.
Stop pinkeye before it starts.
For broad protection, choose a combination approach to vaccination.
PILIGUARD® vaccines and 20/20 VISION® 7 protect against Moraxella bovis, a major cause of pinkeye. However, a recent study showed that up to 80% of cases included Moraxella bovoculi alone, or along with M. bovis.6 Utilizing Moraxella Bovoculi Bacterin to protect against M. bovoculi, along with your other pinkeye solutions, can help ensure maximum protection.
Only VISTA® delivers up to one year of protection against IBR and BVD Types 1 and 2.8
The most complete respiratory protection available.
Vista vaccines provide long-lasting, dual-action protection against bovine respiratory disease (BRD) and one-dose fetal protection for the entire pregnancy.
The higher weaning weights delivered by VISION® equates to getting an extra calf with every bottle.9-12
Proof that not all blackleg vaccines are the same.
Vision vaccines offer high-level immunization against fatal diseases caused by clostridial organisms – and are also proven to result in less post-vaccination stress. When compared to conventional clostridial vaccines, VISION delivers better feed conversion and higher weaning weights.9-12
GUARDIAN® has the broadest scours protection ever brought to market.
The right direction to turn for minimizing calf scours.
Guardian provides real-world protection against the unavoidable bacteria, viruses and parasites often responsible for calf scours, or neonatal diarrhea. And powerful, broad-spectrum Clostridial perfringens protection helps prevent intestinal infections that can kill calves before you know it.
1. Effects of Vaccination with Vista® 5L5 SQ or Bovi-Shield GOLD® FP® L5 on Milk Production. 2010.
2. Technical Reference 96-4: Evaluation of Injection-Site Blemishes Using Ultrasonography Following Administration of Two Commercial Multivalent Clostridial Vaccines.
3. Merck Veterinary Update: Post-Vaccinal Milk Response in Dairy Cows to Three Vaccines for the Control of Neonatal Diarrhea. 2007.
4. Spire MF. Once PMH IN Endotoxin Load. 2015.
5. Field Safety Study of a Low-Reactive Clostridium Chauvoei-Septicum-Haemolytica-Novyi-Sordellii-Tetani-Perfringes Types C&D Bacterin-Toxoid (Cavalry 9). APHIS Product Code No. 73400.00. 2005.
6. Pinkeye in cattle. Mississippi State University Extension Service. POD-02-14.
7. Clarke R. November 2014. Canadian Cattleman. The full cost of pinkeye in cattle. Addison, B. June 2018. Progressive Dairy. New Findings with Bovine Pinkeye.
https://www.canadiancattlemen.ca/features/the-full-cost-of-pink-eye-in-cattle. Accessed May 12, 2021.
8. Data on file, Merck Animal Health.
9. Technical Services Field Trial Report 93-9. 1993. Weaning weight comparison of Vision 7 and Ultrabac 7 in a Wyoming beef herd.
10. Technical Services Field Trial Report 93-14. 1993. Vision Weaning Weight Trials.
11. Veterinary Services Field Trial Report 93-15. 1993. Weight comparison at weaning in 5 beef herds comparing Vision (2 mL) to 5 mL 7-way administered at spring branding.
12. Veterinary Services Field Trial Report 96-5. 1996. Weaning weight comparison of calves vaccinated with Vision 8 vaccine or a 5 mL 8-way clostridial vaccine.
Learn more about PrimeVAC™ preconditioning programs with the resources below, then talk to your Merck Animal Health representative to get started.
From the ranch to the feedyard, preconditioning improves performance. With the right PrimeVAC™ program, you can give your cattle the marketing edge they need so you get the payday you deserve.
No items to show.
See more available vaccine options in the Merck Animal Health portfolio.
Browse the complete Merck Animal Health vaccine lineup below.
Respiratory diseases are the most common and costly infections plaguing the North American cattle industry. Cattle vaccines from Merck Animal Health are designed to protect your herd and profits.
For the vaccination of healthy cattle, 3 months of age or older against respiratory disease and fetal infection, including persistently infected calves due to bovine diarrhea virus (BVD) Types 1 & 2. Respiratory duration of immunity is at least 1 year and reproductive duration of immunity is at least 206 days.
Clostridial (Black Leg)
Naturally found in soil and the intestines of cattle, clostridial organisms can cause unexpected mortality to a herd in the form of blackleg and other fatal diseases. Protect your herd’s health and your profits with vaccines from Merck Animal Health.
Breeding stock and their offspring are critical to the success of your operation. Protect both with the reproductive lineup of vaccines from Merck Animal Health.
For the vaccination of healthy cattle, 6 months of age and older, as an aid in preventing leptospirosis (caused by Leptospira canicola, L. grippotyphosa, L. hardjo – including the L. borgpetersenii serovar hardjo bovis, L. icterohaemorrhagiae, and L. pomona) and as an aid in prevention of urinary shedding of L. hardjo organisms.
For use in the vaccination of healthy cattle as an aid in reducing infertility (reproductive disease caused by Campylobacter fetus) and as an aid in preventing leptospirosis (caused by Leptospira canicola, L. grippotyphosa, L. hardjo – including the L. borgpetersenii serovar hardjo bovis, L. icterohaemorrhagiae, and L. pomona) and as an aid in prevention of urinary shedding of L. hardjo organisms.
Your cows’ production and your operation’s profitability take a direct hit if coliform mastitis takes hold. Vaccinate before it impacts your milk string.
Calf scours – neonatal diarrhea – exerts a costly toll on the livestock industry. While the bacteria, viruses and parasites that cause the disease are a part of livestock production, scours can be prevented. For exceptional protection, turn to vaccines from Merck Animal Health.
Spread by flies, pinkeye causes pain, stress and weight loss in cattle. If your cattle go blind or develop clouded eyes, your operation’s profitability will take an additional hit. Prevent pinkeye before it blindsides your ROI.