Otomax (Gentamicin Sulfate, Betamethasone Valerate, and Clotrimazole) is indicated for the treatment of canine acute and chronic otitis externa associated with yeast and/or bacteria susceptible to gentamicin.
(gentamicin sulfate, betamethasone valerate, clotrimazole)
Gentamicin sulfate, USP; Betamethasone Valerate, USP; and Clotrimazole, USP Ointment.
Each gram of Otomax Otic Ointment contains gentamicin sulfate, USP equivalent to 3 mg gentamicin base; betamethasone valerate, USP equivalent to 1 mg betamethasone; and 10 mg clotrimazole, USP in a mineral oil -based system containing a plasticized hydrocarbon gel.
Otomax Otic Ointment is indicated for the treatment of canine acute and chronic otitis externa associated with yeast (Malassezia pachydermatis) and/or bacteria susceptible to gentamicin.
- Gentamicin is an antibiotic with broad spectrum activity.
- Betamethasone is a highly effective and safe corticosteroid that reduces inflammation.
- Clotrimazole is an antifungal proven effective for the most common ear yeast isolate- Malassezia pachydermatis.
Administration and Dosage
- Administer twice daily for 7 days
- 4 drops per ear for dogs < 30 lbs
- 8 drops per ear for dogs = or > 30 lbs
Otomax Otic Ointment is available in 7.5 g and 15 g tubes as well as 15 g, 30 g and 215 g bottles
Components may cause local hypersensitivity or ototoxicity. For side effects and warnings, please see product label.
For additional information, please see the product label.