An aid in the prevention of viremia, aid in the reduction of virus shedding and aid in the reduction of lymphoid infection caused by porcine circovirus Type 2. Convenient one- or two-dose options (2 mL once or 1 mL twice, see complete label instructions). The only PCV2 vaccine approved for use in pigs as early as 3 days of age (two-dose option).
PORCINE CIRCOVIRUS VACCINE, TYPE 2
Killed Baculovirus Vector
For use in healthy swine as an aid in the prevention of viremia, aid in the reduction of virus shedding and aid in the reduction of lymphoid infection caused by PCV2. Efficacy for at least 20 weeks following completion of vaccination has been demonstrated.
The next generation of circovirus protection provides more options for a stronger start and more profitable finish.1
- The ONLY PCV2 vaccine that’s approved for use in pigs as young as 3 days of age (two-dose option)
- Pigs are easier to handle
- Pigs are less likely to be stressed because they are still with their mothers
- Choose between two convenient options
- One dose– single 2 mL intramuscular dose at 3 weeks of age or older
- Two lower-volume doses– initial 1 mL intramuscular dose as early as 3 days of age followed by a second 1 mL dose 3 weeks later
- With both options, pigs get off to a stronger start because they are ready to face PCV2 as they are leaving farrowing
- Same superior efficacy, now with five-month duration of immunity
- Aids in the prevention of PCV2 viremia, which is the initial step in the development of PCV2 disease
- It’s more effective to control the disease early on so damage caused by infection is limited or essentially eliminated
- Merck Animal Health is the only company to bring a PCV2 vaccine to market using a PCV2 and porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome (PRRS) co-infection challenge model
- Helps predict ability of vaccine to perform in real-world conditions
- Microsol Diluvac Forte® adjuvant provides optimal immune response
For additional information, please see the product label.
- Data on file, Merck Animal Health.