Allows synchronization of estrus (heat), so gilt pool can be brought into heat when it is convenient and efficient. For synchronization of estrus in sexually mature gilts that have had at least one estrous cycle. Treatment with altrenogest solution 0.22% results in estrus (standing heat) four to nine days after completion of the 14-day treatment period. Do not use in gilts having a previous or current history of uterine inflammation (i.e., acute, subacute or chronic endometritis). Underdosing of MATRIX may lead to the occurrence of cystic follicles. Gilts must not be slaughtered for human consumption for 21 days after the last treatment. For complete information on use/handling of this product, see accompanying product package insert.
For synchronization of estrus in sexually mature gilts that have had at least one estrous cycle.
- Treatment with altrenogest solution 0.22% results in estrus (standing heat) four to nine days after completion of the 14-day treatment period
- Enhances profitability by creating a predictable breeding timetable for gilts, reducing heat checking and eliminating weekend breeding and farrowing1
- Improves operating efficiency due to unparalleled control of estrus synchronization
- Convenient handling system
Important Safety Information
Gilts must not be slaughtered for human consumption for 21 days after the last treatment. Do not use in gilts having a previous or current history of uterine inflammation. Underfeeding of MATRIX (altrenogest) Solution 0.22% may lead to the occurrence of cystic follicles. Avoid skin contact. Wear vinyl, neoprene, or nitrile protective gloves when handling this product. DO NOT USE LATEX GLOVES. Pregnant women or women who suspect they are pregnant should not handle MATRIX. Women of childbearing age should exercise extreme caution when handling this product. Accidental absorption could lead to a disruption of the menstrual cycle or prolongation of pregnancy. People who should not handle this product include those with thrombophlebitis, thromboembolic disorders, or with a history of these events, cerebral-vascular or coronary-artery disease, suspected estrogen-dependent neoplasia, benign or malignant tumors which developed during the use of oral contraceptives or other estrogen containing products, liver dysfunction or disease, and women with known or suspected carcinoma of the breast or undiagnosed vaginal bleeding. Wash off accidental spillage on the skin immediately with soap and water. For complete safety information, refer to the product label.
For additional information, please see the product label.
- Flowers, William L. “Dose confirmation study in sexually mature gilts orally administered altrenogest (Regu-Mate solution 0.22%) to suppress and synchronize estrus.” Summary and statistical analyses report. Sponsor study number: HRV 97-0014. June 29, 1999. Intervet/Schering-Plough Animal Health, Millsboro, DE.