(serum gonadotropin and chorionic gonadotropin for injection)
For induction of estrus in prepuberal gilts and healthy weaned sows experiencing delayed return to estrus.
PREPUBERAL GILTS: P.G. 600 is indicated for induction of fertile estrus (heat) in healthy prepuberal (non-cycling) gilts over five and one-half months of age and weighing at least 85 kg (187 lb.).
SOWS AT WEANING: P.G. 600 is indicated for induction of estrus in healthy weaned sows experiencing delayed return to estrus.
The Swine Reproductive Tool
- Combination of PMSG and hCG mimics naturally occurring reproductive hormones, FSH and LH
- Induces heat in prepuberal gilts and weaned sows experiencing delayed return to estrus
- 89% of sows treated with P.G. 600 exhibit signs of estrus within four to five days of weaning1
- Within 28 days of treatment, 72.9% of the gilts treated with P.G. 600 had been detected in heat compared with 59.5% of the non-treated gilts2
- Treatment with P.G. 600 increased the percentage of sows in estrus within seven (57.5 vs 40.9%) or 28 days (72.9 vs 59.5%); average interval to estrus was reduced (0.05 from 10.4 to 7.5 days)3
- Reduction of non-productive days reduces feed costs and improves pig flow, which leads to improved productivity
Important Safety Information
Treatment will not induce estrus in gilts that have already reached puberty (begun to cycle). Gilts that are less than 5 ½ months of age or that weigh less than 85 kg (187 lb.) may not be mature enough to continue normal estrus cycles or maintain a normal pregnancy to full term after treatment.
Treatment will not induce estrus in sows that are returning to estrus normally three to seven days after weaning. Delayed return to estrus is most prevalent after the first litter; the effectiveness of P.G. 600 has not been established after later litters. Delayed return to estrus often occurs during periods of adverse environmental conditions, and sows mated under such conditions may farrow smaller than normal litters.
For additional information, please see the product label.
1. Optimum Administration of P.G. 600 for Fertile Estrus Induction in Swine Technical Report 16
2. Induction of Estrus in Prepuberal Gilts by Treatment with a Combination (P.G. 600) of Pregnant Mare’s Serum Gonadotropin and Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Technical Report No. 5
3. Introduction of Fertile Estrus in Prepuberal Gilts by Treatment with a Combination of Pregnant Mare’s Serum Gonadotropin and Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Technical Report No. 2