Leptospirosis is a Preventable, Widespread Disease
Nobivac® Lepto4 is the only leptospirosis vaccine available that is shown to be effective against disease, shedding, and mortality with reduced risk of unwanted vaccine reactions.
What to Do if Your Clinic Experiences Leptospirosis
Learn Easy Ways to Talk to Your Clients About Leptospirosis
Transmission of Leptospirosis
Infected animal urinates in water or on wet ground.
Dog plays, swims or drinks from contaminated water.
Dog contracts leptospirosis through contact with urine of infected animal and becomes a carrier.
Reported cases of zoonotic diseases are on the rise, and are expected to continue to increase2,3
- Prevalence of canine leptospirosis has increased in recent years2,3
- As many as 8.2% of dogs are shedding leptospires, some asymptomatically4
- Weather changes, population growth, and habitat encroachment have all increased human and canine exposure to pathogens and their carriers2,3
Leptospirosis Presents Multiple Threats to Your Patients
Dogs at Risk
Dogs at greatest risk for developing leptospirosis include those with:5
- Access to ponds, lakes, streams, standing water, or puddles
- Exposure to urine from other infected animals or through contaminated water
As leptospirosis progresses, it can result in Leptospiruria (urinary shedding)5
As leptospirosis progresses, it can result in:5
- Vascular damage
- Severe kidney and liver damage
Unmatched Protection of Nobivac® Lepto4
The first and only 4-way canine leptospirosis vaccine specifically shown to be effective against disease, mortality and leptospiruria (urinary shedding).
2 Critical Indications
1. SHEDDING: defense against urinary shedding caused by 4 key Leptospira serovars
Nobivac® Leptois effective against leptospiruria associated with
- L. grippotyphosa
- L. canicola
- L. icterohaemorrhagiae
- L. pomona
2. MORTALITY: the only leptospirosis vaccine shown to be effective against disease and mortalit.
Protection for Dogs Facing the Most Severe Challenges
Clinical efficacy results showed that Nobivac® Canine 1-DAPPv+L4 also prevented1
- Liver dysfunction
Nobivac® Lepto4 Offers Unmatched Protection6-9
Nobivac® Lepto4 is the clear choice when compared with other 4-way leptospirosis vaccines.
Vaccipure™ Filtration Technology
A Strategic Advance:
VacciPure™ Filtration Technology1
Merck Animal Health has introduced the special VacciPure™ filtration process in manufacturing Nobivac Nobivac® Lepto4 and Nobivac® Canine 1-DAPPv+L4 to promote an even higher level of vaccine quality.
A porous filtration membrane selectively removes extraneous proteins, salts, and solvents
- The outcome – fewer total proteins and a more purified final product