Freshwater-Reared Finfish Health
A bacterial outbreak can have negative outcomes for freshwater-reared finfish health. When you need to treat, take control with AQUAFLOR® (florfenicol) type A medicated feed article.
KEY BENEFITS OF AQUAFLOR
- Reduces mortality and keeps fish on feed for optimal growth and survival
- Broad-spectrum antibiotic developed specifically for aquaculture – not used in human medicine
- Can be fed in any life stage from fingerlings to food fish
- May be used in sinking or floating feeds
- AQUAFLOR is a heat-stable molecule during feed manufacturing, including extrusion, as well as storage
- 15-day withdrawal time for all species at all approved dosages
- Approved for use in recirculating aquaculture systems
In freshwater-reared finfish, AQUAFLOR is approved for the control of mortality due to columnaris disease associated with Flavobacterium columnare.
- Fish readily consume medicated feed – studies show palatability compared to unmedicated feed
- Minimize wasted feed while maximizing antibiotic uptake
- Uniform granulation offers more accurate dosage delivery and optimum distribution in the medicated feed
- No adverse effects on fish behavior or performance, even when fed at 10 times the recommended dose rate1
Determining Antimicrobial MICs Against Aquaculture Pathogens Using Sensititre® Plates
Author: Dr. Patricia S. Gaunt, DVM, PhD, DABVT
No items to show.
Efficacy of AQUAFLOR (50% florfenicol) – Medicated Feed to Control Mortality Associated with Flavobacterium columnare Infection in Florida Largemouth Bass and Bluegill
No items to show.
Where to Buy AQUAFLOR
1See product bulletin for more details.
CAUTION: Federal law restricts medicated feed containing this veterinary feed directive (VFD) drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.