BOVILIS® NASALGEN® IP
Bovine Rhinotracheitis-Parainfluenza 3 Vaccine
The original intranasal.
Designed for convenience, the original BOVILIS® NASALGEN® IP vaccination is an aid in the prevention of disease caused by infectious bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR) and parainfluenza 3 (PI3) viruses.
This product has been shown effective for the vaccination of healthy cattle 5 months of age or older against infectious bovine rhinotracheitis and parainfluenza 3 viruses. Duration of immunity has not been established.
- Infectious bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR)
- Parainfluenze 3 (PI3)
Designed for no injection site reactions to help your operation meet Beef Quality Assurance standards.
Fast-acting to build a strong foundation
- Provides rapid onset of protection
- No temperature sensitivity issues that would negatively impact replication once administered2
- Stimulates active immunity in the face of maternal antibodies1
Innovative Intranasal Delivery
- Stimulates local production of antibodies at the site where infectious pathogens enter the respiratory system – the mucosal lining of the nasal cavity
A Game-changing Vaccine
Innovation is critical in vaccine development. For decades it was believed that vaccinating young animals was not effective because of maternal antibody interference. The industry needed to find a way to protect young calves from BRD.
Learn from members of the team who brought to market BOVILIS NASALGEN 3-PMH — the first and only intranasal BRD vaccine offering protection against viral and bacterial pathogens.
Rehydrate freeze dried vial with the accompanying vial of diluent. Using separate disposable cannula for each animal, administer 2.0 mL into one nostril or 1.0 mL into each nostril for a 2.0 mL dose. Historically, revaccination of young calves has been recommended. The need for this booster has not been established. The presence of maternal antibody is known to interfere with the development of active immunity in calves and additional boosters will be required in most young animals.
20 mL x 10 doses (2 mL per dose)
100 mL x 50 doses (2 mL per dose)
Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
Store at 2 to 8°C (35 to 46°F). The product is safe for use in pregnant cows, or in calves nursing pregnant cows. Fetal health risks associated with the vaccination of pregnant animals with this vaccine cannot be unequivocally determined during clinical trials conducted for licensure. Appropriate strategies to address the risks associated with vaccine use in pregnant animals should be discussed with a veterinarian. Use entire contents when first opened. Do not use chemical disinfectants to sterilize syringes, needles or cannulas. Do not mix with other products, except as specified on the label. Inactivate unused contents before disposal. Do not vaccinate within 21 days of slaughter. Anaphylactoid reactions may occur following use. Antidote: Epinephrine. In case of human exposure, contact a physician.
FOR INTRANASAL USE ONLY
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
U.S. only: Merck Animal Health email@example.com or call 1-800-211-3574
For more information regarding efficacy and safety data, go to productdata.aphis.usda.gov
For additional information, please see the product label.
1. Ellis JA, Gow SP, Goji N. Response to experimentally induced infection with bovine respiratory syncytial virus following intranasal vaccination of seropositive and seronegative calves. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2010;236(9):991-999.
2. Todd JD. Intranasal vaccination of cattle against IBR and PI3: field and laboratory observations in dairy, beef and neonatal calf populations. Dev Biol Stand. 1976;33:391-395.
For more cattle-friendly options, see the rest of the Merck Animal Health vaccine lineup.
Sign up to receive cattle health management insights, industry news and more sent straight to your inbox.