Fowl Laryngotracheitis – Marek’s Disease Vaccine
Safe, effective protection in a single vaccine against three of the most infectious and commercially disruptive flock diseases – infectious laryngotracheitis, and Marek’s disease.
This product has been shown to be effective for the vaccination of healthy 18‑ day‑old chicken embryos, against very virulent Marek’s disease and infectious laryngotracheitis. Duration of immunity has been shown to be at least 10 weeks for infectious laryngotracheitis.
- One single vaccine for long-lasting protection
- No respiratory reactions — improved bird performance
- Easy to apply — day-old or in ovo hatchery application
- No risk of “rolling reactions” and reversion to virulence
- Provides extended protection against both ILT virus and very virulent MD
- Eliminates respiratory vaccination reactions caused by chickens vaccinated with live conventional ILT vaccines
- Eliminates an increase in the vaccination reactions from other respiratory vaccines
- Eliminates latency, persistence and spread caused by chickens vaccinated with live conventional ILT vaccines
- Prevents vaccine induced ILT outbreaks
Many factors must be considered in determining the vaccination program for a particular farm or poultry operation. To be fully effective, the vaccine must be administered to healthy receptive birds held in proper environment under good management. In addition, the response may be modified by the age of the birds and their immune status. Seldom does 1 vaccination under field conditions produce complete protection for all individuals in a given flock. The amount of protection required will vary with the type of operation and the degree of exposure that a flock is likely to encounter.
Method Of Vaccination
1. For in ovo administration: inoculate each 18‑day‑old chicken embryo with a full dose (0.05 ml or 0.1ml).
2. Use entire contents of diluent bag within 1 hour after mixing.
3. After reconstitution, the vaccine should be kept cool and gently agitated frequently.
1 x 2000 dose ampules
1. VACCINATE ONLY HEALTHY CHICKEN EMBRYOS.
2. Do not mix with other products, except as specified on this label.
3. Store vaccine in liquid nitrogen at a temperature below ‑150°C (‑238°F).
4. ONCE THAWED, THE PRODUCT SHOULD NOT BE REFROZEN.
5. Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
6. Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
7. Inactivate unused contents before disposal.
8. In case of human exposure, contact a physician.
9. FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY.
This vaccine has undergone rigid potency, safety and purity tests, and meets Merck Animal Health, U.S. and local regulatory requirements. It is designed to stimulate effective immunity when used as directed, but the user must be advised that the response to the product depends upon many factors, including, but not limited to, conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of the individual chickens, and the degree of field exposure. A safety data sheet (SDS) is available upon request. This and any other consumer information can be obtained by calling Merck Animal Health Customer Service at 1-800-211-3573.
Keep a record of vaccine, quantity, serial number, expiration date, and place of purchase; the date and time of vaccination; the number, age, breed, and locations of chickens; names of operators performing the vaccination and any observed reactions.
Contact our sales or technical services representatives to help design a custom vaccination program.
Why Choose INNOVAX-ILT-SB
Questions and Answers
No items to show.
To view our complete product lineup, click to view our
POULTRY PRODUCT CATALOG vol. 3.1.