Newhatch-C2-MC is a live virus vaccine prepared from a B1 Type C2 Strain of Newcastle disease virus and a mild Massachusetts and Connecticut types of Infectious Bronchitis virus. The viruses have been propagated using SPF substrates.
This product has been shown to be effective for the vaccination of healthy chickens 1 day of age or older against Newcastle disease and infectious bronchitis virus, Massachusetts and Connecticut types.
- C2 strain of B1 type ND minimizes reaction to 1 day of age respiratory vaccination in broiler chicks
- Newhatch-C2-MC® eliminates problems with lingering hatchery reaction prior to fi eld boost
- Safe to use for hatchery application
- Infectious Bronchitis (IB) – Conn type
- Infectious Bronchitis (IB) – Mass type
- Newcastle Disease (ND)
Many factors must be considered in determining the vaccination program for a particular farm or poultry operation. To be fully effective, the vaccine must be administered to healthy receptive birds held in proper environment under good management. In addition, the response may be modified by the age of the birds and their immune status. Seldom does 1 vaccination under field conditions produce complete protection for all individuals in a given flock. The amount of protection required will vary with the type of operation and the degree of exposure that a flock is likely to encounter.
Coarse Spray Administration
FOR CHICKENS ONE DAY OF AGE OR OLDER
Calculate the water volume needed. For example, a machine which dispenses 21 ml to a box of 100 chickens – total volume for 10,000 doses is 2,100 ml of non-chlorinated water. For coarse spray in chicken houses, follow manufacturer’s direction for the particular spray machine. Add rehydrated vaccine and mix thoroughly.
10 x 10,000 doses
1. VACCINATE ONLY HEALTHY CHICKENS.
2. All chickens should be vaccinated at the same time.
3. The revaccination of laying hens with live Newcastle vaccine may be detrimental to the flock.
4. Use entire contents when first opened.
5. Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
6. Store at 2° to 8°C (35° to 46°F). Do not freeze.
7. Inactivate unused contents before disposal.
8. Do not mix with other products, except as specified on this label.
9. WARNING: Newcastle virus occasionally causes conjunctivitis in humans. Avoid any contact of vaccine with eyes.
10. In case of human exposure, contact a physician.
11. Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
12. FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY.
This vaccine has undergone rigid potency, safety and purity tests, and meets Merck Animal Health, U.S. and local regulatory requirements. It is designed to stimulate effective immunity when used as directed, but the user must be advised that the response to the product depends upon many factors, including, but not limited to, conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of the individual chickens and the degree of field exposure. Therefore, directions should be followed carefully. A safety data sheet (SDS) is available upon request. This and any other consumer information can be obtained by calling Merck Animal Health Customer Service at 1-800-211-3573.
Keep a record of vaccine, quantity, serial number, expiration date, and place of purchase; the date and time of vaccination; the number, age, breed, and locations of chickens; names of operators performing the vaccination and any observed reactions.
Contact our sales or technical services representatives to help design a custom vaccination program.
No items to show.
To view our complete product lineup, click to view our
POULTRY PRODUCT CATALOG vol. 3.1.