Hemorrhagic Enteritis Vaccine
ORALVAX HE vaccine is a live virus vaccine containing a turkey avirulent Type II avian adenovirus of pheasant origin. The virus is grown in the RP-19 cell line and freeze-dried and sealed under vacuum.
This product has been shown to be effective for the vaccination of healthy turkeys 6 weeks of age or older against hemorrhagic enteritis.
- Safe and efficacious: produced with a stable and avirulent strain of type II avian adenovirus of pheasant origin
- Produced under federal quality control standards, ensuring purity and sterility
- Consistent high potency titers to ensure protection of vaccinated birds, flock after flock
- Recommended administration at 6 weeks of age or older helps assure no maternal antibody interference
- Hemorrhagic enteritis
Many factors must be considered in determining the vaccination program for a particular farm or poultry operation. To be fully effective, the vaccine must be administered to healthy receptive birds held in proper environment under good management. In addition, the response may be modified by the age of the birds and their immune status. Seldom does 1 vaccination under field conditions produce complete protection for all individuals in a given flock. The amount of protection required will vary with the type of operation and the degree of exposure that a flock is likely to encounter.
Drinking Water Administration
FOR TURKEYS SIX WEEK OF AGE OR OLDER
1. Do not use any disinfectants in the drinking water for 48 hours before vaccinating and 24 hours after vaccination.
2. Withhold water from the turkeys until they are thirsty.
3. Calculate the water volume needed so the vaccine will be consumed in approximately 2 hours.
4. Optional: as an aid in preserving the virus, add a vaccine stabilizer to the stock solution or to the tank containing clean, cool, non-chlorinated water. Agitate thoroughly. Follow the manufacturer’s rate of administrations and wait time.
5. Add rehydrated vaccine from vial to the water and mix thoroughly.
6. Turn on tank valve or automatic dosing system.
7. Provide as sole source of drinking water until all vaccine water solution has been consumed.
10 x 2,000 doses
10 x 5,000 doses
1. VACCINATE ONLY HEALTHY TURKEYS.
2. All turkeys should be vaccinated at the same time.
3. Avoid exposing birds other than turkeys to this vaccine.
4. In outbreak situations, vaccinate healthy birds first progressing toward outbreak areas in order to vaccinate affected birds last.
5. Do not use to vaccinate pheasants.
6. Use entire contents when first opened.
7. Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
8. Store at 2° to 8°C (35° to 46°F). Do not freeze.
9. Inactivate unused contents before disposal.
10. Do not mix with other products, except as specified on this label.
11. In case of human exposure, contact a physician.
12. Contains gentamicin and amphotericin B as preservatives.
13. FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY.
This vaccine has undergone rigid potency, safety and purity tests, and meets Merck Animal Health, U.S. and local regulatory requirements. It is designed to stimulate effective immunity when used as directed, but the user must be advised that the response to the product depends upon many factors, including, but not limited to, conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of the individual chickens, and the degree of field exposure. A safety data sheet (SDS) is available upon request. This and any other consumer information can be obtained by calling Merck Animal Health Customer Service at 1-800-211-3573.
Keep a record of vaccine, quantity, serial number, expiration date, and place of purchase; the date and time of vaccination; the number, age, breed, and locations of chickens; names of operators performing the vaccination and any observed reactions.
Contact our sales or technical services representatives to help design a custom vaccination program.
No items to show.
To view our complete product lineup, click to view our
POULTRY PRODUCT CATALOG vol. 3.1.