Marek’s Disease Vaccine
RIS‑MA is a frozen, cell associated, live virus vaccine that contains the low passage CVI 988 strain of chicken herpesvirus and the FC‑126 strain of turkey herpesvirus.
This product has been shown to be effective for the vaccination of healthy 18‑ day‑old chicken embryos, or one‑day‑old chickens, against very virulent Marek’s disease.
- Low passage Rispens strain vaccine for maximum efficacy against virulent MD challenge
- Rispens strains combined with HVT in 1 ampule
- Provides faster and better protection than high passaged CVI-988 and CVI-988 derivative + HVT combinations
Important: Storage Conditions
Ampules – Store in liquid nitrogen container.
Diluent – Do not freeze.
Container – Store liquid nitrogen container securely in upright position in a dry, well-ventilated area and away from incubator intakes and chicken boxes.
Many factors must be considered in determining the vaccination program for a particular farm or poultry operation. To be fully effective, the vaccine must be administered to healthy receptive birds held in proper environment under good management. In addition, the response may be modified by the age of the birds and their immune status. Seldom does 1 vaccination under field conditions produce complete protection for all individuals in a given flock. The amount of protection required will vary with the type of operation and the degree of exposure that a flock is likely to encounter.
Method Of Vaccination
1. For in ovo administration: inoculate each 18‑day‑old chicken embryo with a full dose (0.05 ml or 0.1ml).
For subcutaneous administration: inoculate each day‑old chicken with a full dose (0.2 ml).
2. Use entire contents of diluent bag within 1 hour after mixing.
3. After reconstitution, the vaccine should be kept cool and gently agitated frequently.
1 x 2,000 dose ampule (of Sterile Diluent per 1,000 doses)
1. VACCINATE ONLY HEALTHY CHICKENS AND CHICKEN EMBRYOS.
2. Do not mix with other products, except as specified on this label.
3. Store vaccine in liquid nitrogen at a temperature below ‑150°C (‑238°F).
4. ONCE THAWED, THE PRODUCT SHOULD NOT BE REFROZEN.
5. Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
6. Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
7. Inactivate unused contents before disposal.
8. In case of human exposure, contact a physician.
9. FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY.
This vaccine has undergone rigid potency and purity tests, and meets Merck Animal Health, U.S. and local regulatory requirements. It is designed to stimulate effective immunity when used as directed, but the user must be advised that the response to the product depends upon many factors, including, but not limited to, conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of the individual chickens, and the degree of field exposure. This product is not hazardous when used according to directions supplied. A safety data sheet (SDS) is available upon request This and any other consumer information can be obtained by calling Merck Animal Health Customer Service at 1-800-211-3573.
Keep a record of vaccine, quantity, serial number, expiration date, and place of purchase; the date and time of vaccination; the number, age, breed, and locations of chickens; names of operators performing the vaccination and any observed reactions.
Contact our sales or technical services representatives to help design a custom vaccination program.
No items to show.
To view our complete product lineup, click to view our
POULTRY PRODUCT CATALOG vol. 3.1.