CONTROL PAIN ASSOCIATED
WITH FOOT ROT.
Looking for Banamine Injectable Solution (flunixin meglumine)?
Banamine Transdermal was determined to be safe and efficacious in controlling pain associated with foot rot.
- Field studies in two states with 30 steers weighing between 717 and 1,085 pounds.
- Animals experimentally induced with foot rot infection in the right front limb.
- After 48 hours, animals given either Banamine Transdermal (3 mL per 100 pounds) or placebo. No antimicrobials were administered.
- Considered a treatment success if the lameness score decreased by more or equal to one point.
- At Site 1, lameness score treatment success was 100%, compared to 6.67% in the placebo group. Mean change in maximum total force and mean change in contact area were significantly different (p=0.0001) and higher in the flunixin transdermal solution-treated group.
- At Site 2, lameness treatment success was 93.3%, compared to 53.3% for the placebo group. Mean change in maximum total force and mean change in contact area were significantly different (p=0.0002 and p<0.0001, respectively) and higher in the flunixin transdermal solution-treated group.
The marked increases in both maximum total force and total contact area at both study sites were clinically interpreted as animals able to plant their affected foot in a more normal fashion and bear more weight on the affected limb, supporting clinical improvement in lameness as a result of less pain.
An innovation in Pain Control
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION: NOT FOR HUMAN USE.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Only for topical use in beef and dairy cattle. Do not use Banamine Transdermal pour-on within 48 hours of expected parturition. Do not use in animals showing hypersensitivity to ﬂunixin meglumine. Cattle must not be slaughtered for human consumption within 8 days of the last treatment. Not for use in female dairy cattle 20 months of age or older, including dry dairy cows; use in these cattle may cause drug residues in milk and/or in calves born to these cows or heifers. Not for use in suckling beef calves, dairy calves, and veal calves. A withdrawal period has not been established for this product in pre-ruminating calves. Not for use in dairy or beef bulls intended for breeding because reproductive safety has not been evaluated.