(EIV, EHV 1&4, respiratory)
THE SCIENCE OF ADVANCED
Prestige flu-containing equine vaccines contain the most updated flu strains available.
- Formulated to minimize reactions and maximize protection
- Available in 10-dose vials and 1 mL single-dose prefilled syringes
- A combination of inactivated, concentrated, adjuvanted, tissue culture origin equine herpesvirus types 1 and 4 (EHV-1 and EHV-4) and equine influenza virus type H3N8 strains EIV A/eq/Florida/RW/13, EIV A/Equine 2/Kentucky/02 American, EIV A/eq/Richmond/1/07.
- Advanced filtration process through the Antigen Purification System (APS™)
- Exceptional safety profile with the exclusive Havlogen® Adjuvant
This product has been shown to be effective for the vaccination of healthy horses 6 months of age or older against equine influenza (EIV), equine herpesvirus type 1 (EHV-1) and equine herpesvirus type 4 (EHV-4). Duration of immunity has been shown at 6 months for EIV. Duration of immunity for EHV-1 and EHV-4 has not been established. For more information regarding safety and efficacy data, go to productdata.aphis.usda.gov. This product has been shown to be effective against virus shedding of EIV and EHV-1.
For primary vaccination aseptically administer 1 mL intramuscularly, repeat with a single dose in 3 – 4 weeks. Historically, annual revaccination with this product has been recommended. The need for this booster has not been established. The presence of maternal antibody is known to interfere with the development of active immunity in foals and additional boosters will be required in most young animals. For more information on revaccination frequency, consult your veterinarian.
Learn more about the updated line of Prestige vaccines.
A guide to the entire equine product line from Merck Animal Health.
Understanding genetic characterization of recent equine influenza outbreaks to assess relevance of vaccine influenza strains.
Download a pdf below or request printed copies at the following E-Mail: RetailTeam@merck.com
No items to show.