Prestige® EHV 1&4
(EHV-1, EHV-4, respiratory)
THE SCIENCE OF ADVANCED
An effective vaccine for equine herpesvirus type-1 and type-4.
- EHV-1 and EHV-4, or rhino, can cause respiratory tract infections. EHV-4 is typically associated with upper respiratory disease in younger horses.
- EHV-1 can cause respiratory disease, late-term abortions, early foal deaths, or neurologic disease
- A combination of inactivated, concentrated, adjuvanted, tissue culture origin equine herpesvirus types 1 and 4 (EHV-1 and EHV-4)
- Advanced filtration process through the Antigen Purification System (APS™)
- Exceptional safety profile with the exclusive Havlogen® Adjuvant
This product has been shown to be effective for the vaccination of healthy horses 6 months of age or older against EHV-1 and EHV-4. Duration of immunity has not been established. For more information regarding safety and efficacy data, go to productdata.aphis.usda.gov. This product has been shown to be effective against virus shedding of EHV-1 and EHV-4.
For primary vaccination aseptically administer 1 mL intramuscularly, repeat with a single dose in 4-6 weeks. Historically, annual revaccination with this product has been recommended. The need for this booster has not been established. For more information on revaccination frequency, consult your veterinarian.
Learn more about the updated line of Prestige vaccines.
A guide to the entire equine product line from Merck Animal Health.
No items to show.