#1 GnRH on the Market1
FERTAGYL® (gonadorelin) improves reproductive efficiency, specifically by synchronizing estrous cycles and treating cystic ovaries.
FERTAGYL IS APPROVED FOR:
- Treatment of cystic ovaries in dairy cattle
- Use with ESTRUMATE® (cloprostenol injection) to synchronize estrous cycles to allow for fixed time artificial insemination (FTAI) in lactating dairy cows.
- Use with cloprostenol sodium to synchronize estrous cycles to allow for FTAI in beef cows.
Dosage & Administration
- Each mL of FERTAGYL contains 43 mcg gonadorelin.
- For treatment of cystic ovaries: 2 mL per cow via intravenous or intramuscular injection.
- For estrous synchronization: 2 mL per cow via intravenous or intramuscular injection. See package insert for complete dosing regimen.
- Available in 100 mL and 20 mL bottles.
FERTAGYL is a gonadorelin acetate and acts on the hypothalmus causing release of luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) to cause ovulation and luteinization. Research has shown FERTAGYL produces high ovulation rates and pregnancies per AI (artificial insemination).
Join many other dairy and beef cattle producers in using the #1 GnRH on the market
There are many options for synchronization of estrus and ovulation in cattle, so consult your veterinarian to select an appropriate program for your operation.
To increase your herd’s reproductive efficiency, choose a synchronization program that includes both FERTAGYL and ESTRUMATE.
Sign up to receive cattle health management insights, industry news and more sent straight to your inbox.
FERTAGYL IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Not for use in humans. Keep out of reach of children. For complete safety information, refer to the product label.
ESTRUMATE IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Do not administer ESTRUMATE to a pregnant cow unless abortion is desired. Severe localized post-injection clostridial infections have been reported; in rare instances infection has led to death. Women of childbearing age, asthmatics, and persons with respiratory problems should exercise extreme caution when handling ESTRUMATE. ESTRUMATE is readily absorbed through the skin and can cause abortion and/or bronchospasms; direct contact with the skin should be avoided, and accidental spillage on the skin should be washed off immediately with soap and water. For complete safety information, refer to the product label.
1Animalytix, MAT July 2020